Derbyshire House are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This applies to our wider business as well as our website.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) says that the information we provide to people about how we process their personal data must be:
concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible
written in clear and plain language
free of charge
We’ve ensured ours is. Our privacy notice below explains how, when and why we collect personal information about who visits our website – including how we use it and how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
Derbyshire House is a not for profit care home run by the W J Yapp Trust.
How do we collect information from you?
When you use our website, including when you contact us, we collect information from you.
What type of information is collected from you?
We collect personal information that might include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and source of referral – as well as which pages you looked at and for how long. It also includes contact information that you give us when you register with us so that we can reply to your questions or provide you with documents.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- notify you of changes to our services
- send you information you have requested and which may be of interest to you
- deal with enquiries made by or about you relating to the website.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes other than is set out in Disclosures.
Use of ‘cookies’
- they collect statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns and do not identify you as an individual.
- cookies help us to improve our website and deliver a better service.
- we use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on our website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of how you move around our website and to monitor user behaviour for statistical and marketing purposes. We will use the persistent cookies so that we recognise you when you visit our website.
- session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
- we use analytics to analyse how our website is used. Analytics generate statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to our website is remains in house and will not be shared with anyone else.
- we use StatCounter to analyse the use of this website. StatCounter generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website. StatCounter will store this information. View StatCounter’s privacy notice.
- our website uses WordPress. WordPress also store personal information in their user profile.
- you can switch off cookies by changing your browser preferences. Be aware that this will affect functionality when using our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. This privacy notice applies only to our website‚ so we encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit
We are not responsible for the privacy notices and practices of other websites, even if you access them using links from our website.
Our website is hosted by UK2 You can read their privacy notice here.
Welcome, young visitors! We feel strongly about protecting the privacy of young people aged under 18. If you are aged 17 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Review of this Privacy Notice
This Notice was last updated in January 2019.